miércoles, 18 de enero de 2012

Being green


I would say that my experiences with plants, and nature were mediated by my grandmother, my aunts and my dad, whose were always talking and doing things about nature. They all lived on a plot, where played and learned from the nature; I’m strongly agree with the preposition that says tradition determines several generations (I think I'm a case of that determinism).

This subject it really concern to me, lately I find out that we are in a crucial moment for the environment. In fact, I’ve seen documentary saying about the already irreversibility of the effects over the environment, and if we want to have any possibilities to save a future world, we would have to make some radical decisions about our way of living.

Because of my state of emergency, that a few months ago, I took a choice: I became vegetarian. People think about vegetarianism only as a way of being sympathetic with animals, but it isn’t, because the only fact of stop eating cows decreases the energy that we use to feed a person. Do you know how much energy is necessary to feed a cow? Do you that with soya that industry feed cows of all world we could feed half of africa? This information is hiding from people because of vested interests. What People have to do to know about helping the environment, is talk by internet, or communities, there’s real information, not in television.

I’ve been realize that maybe an effective way to help the world, is thinking about what you consume. For example, you could stop of buying bottled water, or even better, stop buying plastic things at all. Because the recycle idea has been proved that is not the solution.

Another measure that I took was eating food with the least amount of refinement: is a way to teach the system what they should be producing for the people, and for the environment.

I would buy a car, I think it’s the silliest thing that you could do, there’s many option, maybe public transport it’s not the solution, but it’s better that use one car only for you. I can’t use a bike because university is really far away from my house, but I’ll try to do it later, choosing a job near from my house.

I could write forever but it`s time to go, see you guys, try to be friendly environment.

2 comentarios:

  1. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Robert! I have a great admiration for you... I think it's really hard to be vegetarian!
    I'm a big believer of the idea that you must have a strong conviction that you're saving -or helping- the planet with all these small actions... I tell this because I've known some persons who became vegetarians just to lose weight, but they gave up quickly... maybe it happened because they didn't have heavy reasons to do it.
    Interesting post, I think it's great that your family do care about nature, and that you've learned from them some green practices. At my home, I have to do the promoting work, haha... fortunately it has worked well :)
    See you!

    ResponderEliminar